Senior Data Scientist
We currently do not have a job opening for a senior data scientist. However, we would always be happy to receive your CV if you would like to share it with us. We will add your information to our database and if or when a new position becomes available, we will reach out.
Do you want to be a thought leader in the data science field? If so, we're looking for you! Our consultants apply their technical skills to interesting projects, because we're lucky enough to work with great clients. Does that sound like something you could see yourself do? Then check out our Senior Data Scientist vacancy and apply directly.
This vacancy requires that you live in the Netherlands, since all of our clients are located there. It is also important that you speak the Dutch language well enough for social conversations. A willingness to study the language and to become fluent is considered a plus.
BigData Republic is a leading data consultancy firm, specialized in data science, data engineering and machine learning technology. As a boutique consultancy, we are different from the large consultancy firms out there, which ensures our quality over quantity approach. Our goal is to be a thought leader in the field. For our clients, we focus on creating business value with innovative data solutions that have sustainable impact.
The beating heart of our organization is our team of about 25 experienced data scientists and data engineers. Our culture is centered around collaboration and growth, and we are motivated by helping others. We love to share our knowledge but we also like to be challenged by each other.
Our client portfolio consists of challenging and well-known organizations, such as KLM, ING, NS, Dutch Police, VodafoneZiggo, KPN, Randstad and Yolt. From Monday until Thursday you will be working in the client team on site. Friday is our office day, where the whole team is together to catch up, share knowledge through guilds and knowledge sessions, and have fun.
What you do
You apply the tools from your numerical background to code minimum viable models in Jupyter notebooks, measure their added value – or lack of it – and bring these to production in scalable computing environments. If you like Spark, Tensorflow or similar computing frameworks, you’re in the right place.
Some of our clients are already past the minimum viable stage and rely on your expertise to bring their forecasting engine to the next level. This sometimes requires a bit of scientific vision on your behalf and diving into the state-of-the-art of for example neural networks.
As you will be working closely with engineers supporting your work, you should be able to understand engineering concepts and know the technical and non-technical requirements of what it takes to manage your experiments and productionize models. This fits with the data DevOps way of working most our clients adopt.
Lastly, you regularly communicate with stakeholders to understand what they need and what your team is doing to achieve that goal. This means producing the occasional Powerpoint presentation.
You know your way around machine learning infrastructure and their workloads. You understand the needs of our clients and you are able to translate these into reasonable actions.
The following qualities are our baseline for what we expect from you, but feel free to challenge us if your skills complement us in other ways!
- Master degree or PhD with a technical background (e.g. computer science, information sciences, parallel & distributed systems, etc)
- 4 years of programming skills
- Understanding of machine learning frameworks and tools
- You have good soft skills and business affinity
- Our work usually requires a combination of Dutch and English proficiency. Your English should be good, both written and spoken. Moreover, either your native language is Dutch, or you can speak enough Dutch for social talk while having the drive to become fluent.
What do we offer?
A culture where you can be yourself and develop your technical and business skills. All of this is done in a friendly environment where you are valued for who you are. In addition you will receive:
- Competitive salary in line with your experience and potential
- Contract for a year with the intention to extend this to a permanent contract
- Holiday pay and 13th month arrangement
- Plenty of opportunities for learning and development, such as following training and visiting conferences
- Great office Fridays, with breakfast, lunch and snacks
- An open and informal culture, with a shared love for tech. For example, we have developed our own facial recognition system for our foosball table where matches and scores are automatically registered
- Room to work on innovative hobby projects, such as deep learning on TPUs, experimenting with MLFlow, or exploring the newest features of cloud platforms.
Are you inspired by our story or want to know more? Get in touch with us, or even apply directly! Do not hesitate to contact me via firstname.lastname@example.org. Looking forward to hearing from you!
Would you like to join our team?
Apply directly by filling out this form. Upload your CV and we'll get in touch as soon as possible.