The key to productionizing machine learning models is having a great data infrastructure. We're looking for a MLOps engineer wanting to build scalable solutions for our clients. If that's you, please check out this vacancy and apply directly!
This vacancy requires that you live in the Netherlands, since all of our clients are located there. It is also important that you speak the Dutch language well enough for social conversations. A willingness to study the language and to become fluent is considered a plus.
BigData Republic is a leading data consultancy firm, specialized in data science, data engineering and machine learning technology. As a boutique consultancy, we are different from the large consultancy firms out there, which ensures our quality over quantity approach. Our goal is to be a thought leader in the field. For our clients, we focus on creating business value with innovative data solutions that have sustainable impact.
The beating heart of our organization is our team of about 25 experienced data scientists and data engineers. Our culture is centered around collaboration and growth, and we are motivated by helping others. We love to share our knowledge but we also like to be challenged by each other.
Our client portfolio consists of challenging and well-known organizations, such as KLM, ING, NS, Dutch Police, VodafoneZiggo, KPN, Randstad and Yolt. From Monday until Thursday you will be working in the client team on site. Friday is our office day, where the whole team is together to catch up, share knowledge through guilds and knowledge sessions, and have fun.
What you do
As an MLOps Engineer at BigData Republic you design and implement scalable solutions that enable data scientists to put their machine learning models in production. You will for example write infrastructure-as-code to build a Kubernetes cluster from scratch, create a fully-fledged data science laboratory environment with Terraform, or design and deploy CI/CD pipelines.
But that’s not all. You know what goes on in the mind of a data scientist. On some projects you will assist them in bringing their applications to production, while on other projects you might set up an Airflow cluster to run their batch jobs. A lot of our clients work with the latest tech, whether it’s Tensorflow (including TF Serving/TFX), Seldon Core or Kubeflow. You will also work extensively with cloud technology on AWS, Azure, Google Cloud or a private cloud environment.
You’re all about making sure data scientists don’t have to worry about infrastructure and instead do what they do best: data science. And most importantly, you’re constantly eager to learn, to grow, and to share knowledge with your colleagues.
You know your way around machine learning infrastructure and their workloads. You understand the needs of our clients and you are able to translate these into reasonable actions.
The following qualities are our baseline for what we expect from you, but feel free to challenge us if your skills complement us in other ways!
- Masters degree in computer science, artificial intelligence, distributed systems or similar
- Experience with cloud platforms (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud)
- Hands-on data/software engineering experience. You are able to build applications and are familiar with best practices such as CI/CD, testing and coding standards
- Python and/or Scala have no secrets for you, especially in the context of data processing and data applications
- Knowledge of modern data technologies, tools, platforms and infrastructures, such as Spark, Kafka, Airflow and Kubernetes
- Knowledge of machine learning frameworks and tools
- You have good soft skills and business affinity
- Our work usually requires a combination of Dutch and English proficiency. Your English should be good, both written and spoken. Next to that, either your native language is Dutch, or you can speak enough Dutch for social talk while having the drive to become fluent.
What do we offer?
A culture where you can be yourself and develop your technical and business skills. All of this is done in a friendly environment where you are valued for who you are. In addition to this you will get:
- Competitive salary in line with your experience and potential
- Contract for a year with the intention to extend this to a permanent contract
- Holiday pay and 13th month arrangement
- Plenty of opportunities for learning and development, such as following training and visiting conferences
- Great office Fridays, with breakfast, lunch and snacks
- An open and informal culture, with a shared love for tech. For example, we have developed our own facial recognition system for our foosball table where matches and scores are automatically registered
- Room to work on innovative hobby projects, such as deep learning on TPUs, experimenting with MLFlow, or exploring the newest features of cloud platforms.
Are you inspired by our story or want to know more? Get in touch with us, or even apply directly! Do not hesitate to contact me via firstname.lastname@example.org. Looking forward to hearing from you!
Would you like to join our team?
Apply directly by filling out this form. Upload your CV and we'll get in touch as soon as possible.